Monday, April 4, 2016

Universal part 3

A short addendum to my Universal posts.  I found (finally) my notebook with my real notes in it.  Probably should have looked in the pocket of the laptop carrier to start with!

Anyway, here are some rambling thoughts I wanted to include:

Baggage check is 10x smoother than Disney. 100% metal detector. Moving walkways to City Walk.  From City Walk you can get to either park.  More compact than Disney.  Going through Turnstiles at gate - SLOW!  With very few in line it still took us 15 minutes to get through.
Walk to Harry Potter area-pleasant enough walk, but walking through the closed area is silly.

App- looks cute, but not really much of a help.  NEED paper map.

At breakfast on our park day - At Disney,  you can always tell which families are visiting a park that  day by what they are wearing at breakfast.  Sometimes you can even tell WHICH park.  At Universal all you can tell for sure are which ones are Harry Potter fans. 

At all times we visited the Food Court at Cabana Bay food court was barely busy  Much less hectic and crowded than at Disney.

Gringgotts: Not as expected, but still worth at least one ride.  Not for people with long legs, holds your shins in ...TIGHT!

Transformers - Boys rode.  Liked it but it was more 3D and less actual ride.

Rip Rockit - Complete vertical to start.  Girls sat this one out, boys LOVED it!

Men in Black - lame says 2 out of four.

Mel's diner - horrible service!

The one very odd thing about the room was the way the sheets were put on the bed.  I've stayed in more hotels and motels and ship cabins than I can count, and never have seen the beds made up this way.  There was a blanket on the mattress.  Then a sheet tucked in (I am supposing this is the bottom sheet as it was the one closest to the mattress), then a top sheet also tucked in on all four sides...then the duvet.  Either they were using the blanket as a mattress cover...or you were supposed to sleep just under the duvet...not really sure.  But in the course of getting into bed every night we managed to get the bed completely unmade in order to get in the bed!   And each day they were made up the exact same way.  Maybe I am missing something!  LOL!

While I think I covered 99% of that in the actual review, I wanted to make sure everything was covered.  


No comments:

Post a Comment