Thursday, August 20, 2015

Travel Agent Question part # 5

How much does it cost me to have you design my custom trip to Disney?

Another good question!  And I think you might like this answer.  If you book through me, Disney pays me a commission.  In fact, my business model currently calls for 90% of my income to come through those commissions.  

Disney charges the same price no matter how you book.  They either pay me, or pocket the commission.  So, no extra is tacked on to use my services.

However, after we have made some preliminary decisions about your trip, I will ask for a nonrefundable deposit.  (This is separate from the deposit Disney asks for.)  This will be applied to your last payment.  However, if you cancel or change your mind, it becomes nonrefundable. 

But wait, what if something happens and you can’t take your trip?  If you can't go at the scheduled time, I try to reschedule it for a time that works better.  This prevents you from losing your deposit with both me and Disney.  As long as we aren’t within the 45 days prior to your trip.  If we are, then Disney will charge a change fee. 


Now, what about when you have already booked directly with Disney and need help customizing your trip?  Disney has already pocketed the commission they would have given me, so I will charge a fee for the rest of the planning.  Very reasonable.  This also works if you booked off site, like a condo or staying with a friend or relative. Or, if you booked with me, and your friend booked online or off site, I can still customize the whole trip, for a small fee from your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment