Friday, March 18, 2016

Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom continues to be my favorite park!  Even with two trips in three days, we were unable to do everything!  We were able to get our priorities, including lunch at Be Our Guest on one day and dinner there on another night.

Ceiling in main dining area (lunch)

Welcome!

Waiting for lunch!


The Mine Train did not disappoint, and the kids thoroughly loved all the mountains.  


I LOVED the ability to walk to Magic Kingdom!  I wish I had decided to go to a party night while there, but I will plan on making that right on my next December trip.  

Here is a view of the monorail going overhead as we take that short walk:


If your family has not yet enjoyed a cruise on the Liberty Belle, please make a decision to do this!  It is a relaxing ride around Tom Sawyer's Island.  From here you can see the back of Thunder Mountain.  It is one of my best views of that ride.  The way Disney goes all out to carry the theme out is amazing.  Of course if you are a Kingdom Keepers fan you have to be on the look out for the famous teepee!



Epcot
 .
This park continues to be a large draw for our family.  We have never had a bad meal here.  We have had a few that were less than stellar, but we always enjoy!
Since we eat dinner her on most nights (advantage of park hoppers) we had many chances to see IllunimNations.  It never ceases to bring a tear to my eye.

Restaurants we visited this trip include:
Coral Reef- food great but service - not so much
Garden Grill- food was meh; service was good and character interaction was great.
Akershus- food was good; service was good; character interaction was great.
Biergarten- food was ok; service was non-existent!
Tutto Italia- Food was great; service was great.
See, I told you we eat in Epcot a lot!

The only rides we even consider at Epcot are Test Trak and Soarin’.  I’m really excited about the updates coming to Soarin’ and I really hope it is back up and running when we return in June. I know when they first opened up Test Trak after the remodel, I was one of the few that really LOVED the change!  Just getting to avoid the silly pre show was worth the wait!

I had planned on seeing all the Christmas shows in each country, but somehow we never managed to do that.  However, from what I could see, there wasn’t a lot of change from previous years.  This trip we did a much more relaxed touring style at Epcot.  

Here are a few pictures we remembered to take:




Spaceship Earth (aka the Epcot Golf Ball) at night



Garden Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment