Friday, March 11, 2016

Hollywood Studios review

Knowing it would be my last time to see the Osborne Lights made this a bitter sweet visit.  While change is good, losing a favorite is never fun.  Our whole day was just a filler until dusk!

We still managed to have loads of fun and ride all the rides we wanted, but they just didn’t hold the joy for me that they normally do.  We visited Disney Hollywood Studios twice this trip.  Our first time gave us our best look at the lights, even though it was not planned that way!  Oddly we stood still the whole time.  Yet, somehow managed to see more on that visit than we did on our second visit which was planned around the lights! And we walked through.
Beautiful Tree

Santa is coming to town!

Wall to Wall people!




Seems I underestimated the crowds there specifically to see the lights.  There was no way to enjoy or even to see the lights on our second visit!

We were able to see Lights Motors Action Stunt Show one last time.  At the time I did not know it was closing, but I had heard the rumors.  Since it was my son’s favorite show at the parks I knew we had to see it at least once on this trip.

Lightening McQueen!

Lightening McQueen


Race is on...



We experienced Minnie’s Holiday Dinner at Hollywood and Vine.  The restaurant is not a favorite of mine, but an extra chance to see Mickey and Minnie (and a chance to finally see Fantasmic!) added it to my list!  I was very pleased with the character interaction.  I had heard horror stories that they wouldn’t sign autographs, but they gladly did.  Of course the food was lukewarm (as usual) and the servers were less than attentive.

While we were there, the Star Wars 'stuff' opened up.  Our first day there, nothing, and our second day there, everything!  

Anyone for a new dessert?

The backside of Streets...you can see why it is going...seen from Star Tours
Star Wars Launch Bay


Our first time seeing Fantasmic! did not fail to impress!  Of course, it was the only cool night of our wonderful trip, and the wind made sure we got plenty wet!

Mickey!

Mickey!


I really hate saying that I feel Disney Hollywood Studios is now only a half day park, but until the new areas open up, I honestly think a half day to see and do all that is left is all you really need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment