Saturday, July 4, 2015

Disney with teens...WHAT was I thinking?


In January I decided to offer to take my youngest daughter and a friend to Disney to celebrate her 15th birthday. At the time it seemed like a GREAT idea.

We booked a room at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room.  We were only going to the park for one day and a day at Downtown Disney.  Did I mention we were planning on going in JUNE?!

Since we had annual passes it seemed like the perfect trip.

So how did it go in reality?  Well, not as bad as I had feared, but not quite as smoothly as I had planned.
Art of Animation
 

The drive down was uneventful. We arrived at Art of Animation at about noon.  While I had done the online check in and had gotten the email that I was eligible to skip the front desk, the text I was expecting to get to let me know my room number did not come.  Instead my text said I needed to check with the front desk.

Since this program is still rather new, I figured this meant that our room was not yet ready…I mean it was NOON and normal check in is at 3pm.

At the front desk I was informed I was selected for a complimentary upgrade to a Cars Suite!  While I REALLY wanted to stay in the Mermaid room, what person in their right mind would turn down 2 bathrooms when traveling with two teenaged girls?

When we stayed in a Cars Suite in February, we had a view of the parking lot.  This time we had a rather nice view…

 
View from our window!

 

After getting settled in, the girls went on a short walking tour of the property and we stopped by the food court to grab a late lunch/early dinner.  My impression of the food court area at Art of Animation called Landscape of Flavors hasn’t changed much since February.  It is clean, plenty of spaces to sit, and a fairly large variety.  As long as you don’t have food allergies!  Once again the only choice for gluten free was a meatloaf meal that lacked a great deal of taste last time so I went for a sub and removed the bread. 

Afterwards, the girls decided on a swim at the Cozy Cone Pool.  The girls each gave it a two thumbs up review.  I enjoyed the covered ‘cone’ cabana where I could get some work done out of the sun!

My only complaint with the resort is the spotty phone and wifi connection.  I had zero phone coverage inside the resort and the wifi was not strong enough (or consistent enough) for the neat little feature my phone has to enable it to make wifi calls.  So, poor me had to sit by the pool to get any work done…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment