Monday, November 2, 2015

Day in the Life of a Travel Professional!

I really wish I had something glamourous here – Travel for Free…I’m a millionaire doing what I love…Famous Clients…  But in truth, being a Travel Professional is WORK!
The Glamourous World of Travel!

Do I travel?  Yes.  For free?  Hardly!  Am I am millionaire?  Uh, not even close!  Do I love my job?  Absolutely!  Do I have famous clients?  Not really, but I do strive to make them feel like Rock Stars!

My job consists of research; dealing with suppliers; making plans and itineraries (and then changing them a million times to make them perfect); waiting on hold to make changes on a client’s trip (sometimes so long it is easy to forget why…or even who I am calling!); quoting different options; and more research. 

My job consists of explaining to people that I don’t get paid until they travel (and only then if they book through me).
My job consists of going over each families’ plans with a fine toothed comb to make sure their getaway is perfect for them.
My job consists of putting my own family life on hold when I have clients traveling  I’m constantly checking weather forecasts and scanning the news headlines in case there is something that may affect my clients currently traveling.
I answer frantic texts and phone calls from clients with questions or problems. 


Yup, my job is not glamourous.  But when you see your client post on FaceBook about how wonderful their Family Getaway was (and you know your part in it) and how precious the memories they made together as a family, it is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment