Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Why use a Travel Professional?



 I have two responses when I tell someone I am a Travel Professional. 
  •       I didn’t know they still exist.
  •       Why should I use a Travel Agent?

To the first one I laugh and assure them I exist.  To the second I tell them they shouldn’t use a Travel Agent.  They should use a Travel Professional!

There are several analogies that come to mind. 
-I can change my own oil.  It is not complicated, but I know it is something I’d mess up!
-Cutting (or coloring) my hair is something I can do on my own, but I get better results if I use a professional.
-Anyone can go online and book a room; but do you really like that view of the garbage cans?

Yes.  You can book online yourself, but then what do you do when you have a question or problem?

A Travel Professional is not an order taker.  We spend most of our time researching and learning about the various destinations and resorts.  We listen to our clients so we can craft the perfect Family Getaway for THEM.  We are there for our clients from the planning until after they get home.  We advise them on the travel documents they need for their particular travel (Do I really need a passport for this cruise?).  We double and triple check the information on their documents (Are you sure he spells his name with an I and not an E?).  We check in with them when they get home (Tell me about your amazing time.  Is there anything I or the resort could have done to make your trip better?).


You don’t get that if you book direct or online.  


No comments:

Post a Comment