Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Boo! Time to go home!

Friday, Valentine’s Day, and our travel day
We had worried all week about how bad the roads would be going back home. Since the majority of the schools around us were closed, we had hoped to stay an extra day, or to maybe spend a day at the beach and go back either Saturday or Sunday. Since it was a holiday weekend there was NOTHING available at Disney! Even with all the discounts we could find, there was nothing that would work…so after checking with several sources at home we decided to make a go of it and if the roads started looking bad we could stop for the night.

Friday morning, we get up bright and early. Packing took me about a minute…seriously! It took me longer to pack up the laptop than it did to get the rest of the stuff done. Hubby was in charge of getting it to the car…I was in charge of making sure everything was packed.

I found it odd that I did not have the familiar envelope hanging on my door that morning. I wanted to make sure all the room charges were right…. But it was not there, so actual face to face check out was needed.  Leaving husband to pack the car, I took the wheelchair to the front. We used Walker Mobility again and they pick it up from you at the front…so I walked around to drop it off. As I walked through the lobby, I decided to ask for a print out of the room charges They did not have it ready….because…they have us checking out on Saturday! Really?

About that time, my phone rings and the pickup guy is 5 minutes away so I head out to drop off the wheelchair.  I will say we will probably use Walker Mobility again on our October trip as well.  I had worried about having to wait for them to arrive to drop it off as well as waiting for them to pick it up...but truthfully, it was easier than going to bell services.  This trip we were actually running a few minutes late.  No problem...we were told to call them when we were about 15 minutes out and they would meet us there.  I waited for a total of less than 5 minutes...and that time was divided between drop off and pick up!

Then it was time to figure out what was going on with the check out date.  I went back to the front desk and since I got a different CM…I decided to play dumb. She was very puzzled about why I would be checking out early! Even though the dining plan was only 4 days, they had us done as 5 nights…even though we only paid for 4 nights! It had something to do with the way they had to trick the system to get the dining plan added to the package…after checking with a manager; sure enough…we had the room for an extra night. If only I had known that BEFORE we packed up the car!

Even though they did not charge us for the extra night, as far as their system was concerned, the room was paid for an extra night and would be vacant if we left. They could not re-assign the room to anyone else. All that worrying I did trying to find a room for us and it was ours all along! LOL!

After a quick breakfast, we left Disney. I got that familiar pang in my tummy as we drove out. Even though I knew our plans were to head back in October, I really was more upset about leaving Disney than I had been on any other trip. Maybe because it was such a short trip, maybe because I ‘knew’ that I could have stayed another day, or maybe because I just miss Disney!


The drive home was extremely uneventful, although the closer we got to home the more ice and snow we saw on the sides of the road. I was very strange to arrive home and have almost 2 feet of snow on the sidewalk and on the roof, but it was in the 50’s!

So….now that we have arrived safe at home…it is time to get the October trip planned…I have a ton of shirts to get ready! 



I do plan on putting some pictures with this report.  I still need to organize them a bit.  Look for pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment