Saturday, March 1, 2014

Check in



We arrived at All Star Sports at 11:30, which is pretty much what we expected. Unfortunately, online check in would not work so I never was able to have the early arrival time noted on the reservation. Our rooms have always been ready early for us, and I did not expect it to be a problem this time. 

Wrong…our room was not ready…so after check in we left to go to Shades of Green to get our tickets and do a bit of sightseeing. As I was told …I kept calling back every 30 minutes to see if our room was ready. On one of those calls…as she was telling me it was not ready, I got the text telling me it was ready. But when we got back to the gate…the magic band would not work! Considering the problems we had last year we were very wary…

We go to the front desk and get our room assignment and had our Magic Bands reactivated. Evidently…the bands can easily become UNactivated when they change your room… Which makes me wonder what would have happened if we had went to the park first?

When we got to the room I was pleasantly surprised. The over all room was smaller, but not so much as I felt uncomfortable. I admit to being a resort snob. Moderates is the only way I visit Disney! Having claustrophobia I need the extra space in a resort room. While the single vanity was a bummer, the extra space in the room with the tub and toilet more than made up for it!

It was easy to see the differences between the Values and Moderates in the small details. Like the linens. Especially the towels. They were definitely a lower quality than I was used to. In fact, I would go so far as to say the towels they used at the moderates for the towel animals was a higher quality than the towels hanging in the bathroom here. I always assumed that all linens at Disney were the same…I know differently now…In fact the trucks delivering the linens actually say All Star on the sides!

I really missed the Mickey Head shower head…and some of the hidden Mickeys we always look for. But the shower was hot and felt great…

I will say I felt the staff was a bit strange…even though our room was ready and we were trying to bring our stuff in…the cleaning staff would not move the large trash bag and linen cart from in front of our door so we could bring out luggage in without going over or around. She gave us a huff and dirty look as she was leaving. And at the front, while I was waiting for the wheelchair to be delivered, one of the valets came over and told me I could not wait there if I did not need help with my luggage. 






While this was a bit un Disney, it could have easily been a bad day for either of them.  And as the trip went on...there were no other issues.


One more note about the size of the room.  There was a high school cheerleading competition going on while we were there.  The whole resort was filled to capacity with cheerleaders.  I can only imagine having two or three teenaged girls trying to get ready in that bathroom!  It is a sight I would NOT want to see!


Our room was in the back next to the parking lot and on the ground floor.  Just as we had asked for.  I was worried about noise, but never noticed any noise other than what you would expect at a moderate.  As I said I was pleasantly surprised overall!  


One thing that happened when we checked in...she kept saying for 5 nights...and I kept correcting her to 4 nights and five days.  This will come into play later on...

Next up is our first Park....

No comments:

Post a Comment