Sunday, March 2, 2014

Disney Hollywood Studios

Our Fp+ for the day were:
Tower of Terror 9:15
Star Tours 10:55
Toy Story 12:25
Hollywood and Vine 6:20

At rope drop we headed to Rock N Roller Coaster. The family rode both this and Tower of Terror while I shopped a bit. As they were leaving Tower of Terror, they pulled a DAS pass for it as well. Since they gave them only a 10 minute return time, they dropped off Miss B (who only wanted to ride once) to shop a bit with me and they rode their second time.

After some window shopping, we headed over to Toy Story. The wait was unbelievable so we pulled a DAS pass and went to watch the Muppets. It has been a few years since we visited them, and while the show is old and the story a bit lame, it was very enjoyable!

We then headed over to Star Tours (which still had less than a 5 minute wait...meaning we wasted another FP+). I have to say this and Toy Story remain my two all time favorites at this park. If I can ride both of these I feel my day was worth it and every thing else is gravy!

Since it was now 11 we decided to grab lunch at the BackStage Lot. Unfortunately, they were not open yet so we grabbed a place to sit and Husband stood in line. After a while he called me and told me to come and help. It was 11:30, but they still were not open. The line was out the door! I have never seen lines like this here except for when we visit during the busy time…it seems that while they were more than ready to open, the computers were not running and they had to reset them. By the time they had the computers up and running I was famished! I guess it was really, really close to 12 before they actually opened. The food was good (or we were to hungry to notice)

After lunch we took a leisurely stroll over to Toy Story and rode our FP+. Then we rode our DAS pass at Toy Story. Unfortunately, the guys won both times by less than 100 points each time! One of these days we will really beat them good!

Magic of Animation is next on our agenda…while the family enjoys this ..it is not my cup of tea so I sat and people watched in the character meet and greet area. Miss B did a really cute Mickey Mouse, while Mr D and Dad worked on a dragon! Mr D said it was the only thing he could make….and refused to try!

Miss B decided her souvenir of the trip was to be a drawing kit with details on how to make the Pixar characters. I wish I would have thought of that for her a Christmas present…I will be searching for one of the classic Disney characters for her this year.

By now we decided to grab a Star Tours DAS pass and since it had only a 20 minute wait, we decided it was a good time for a Mickey bar! Yum. After another successful Star Tours mission we headed to back to Rock N Roller Coaster. While Mr D and Dad rode we found a place to charge my phone and had another snack (shh don’t tell). While they were supposed to pull a DAS pass for it, Dad texted me to say the wait was only 5 minutes and they would just stay there.. At this point I sort of lost count…seems the CMs let Mr D ride multiple times back to back to back…and then they headed over to Tower of Terror and the CMs allowed the same… I really lost count…and I think they did too! Mr D was ecstatic! This would go down as his favorite day of rides at Disney! 


After the disappointing trip in December where he cried because we spent so much time sitting between rides, this more than made up for it to him!
After they got back Mr D decided he needed a drink, so while he grabbed a bottle of water, I went back to the shopping…see I hadn’t actually bought anything yet! I found a cute cover for my Kindle, and then Mr D joined me to find his ‘girlfriend’ a cute pink Mickey Head key chain.

As we walked along we did a bit more shopping to get some things for my older kids…and then stopped. We still had an hour until dinner and we were ready to go! I decided since we had had so much luck getting in early at our ADRs I would try… especially since it was DEAD there! While I waked up to the podium a couple was standing in front of me…they were trying to get a walk up…they told them it was a 20 minute wait. Good! Maybe they could take us in an hour early…Yup…in fact the couple got in while I was still checking in! We were in and seated within 5 minutes.

So far this was turning into a fantastic last day at Disney. I knew the packing tonight would be easy as pie…since it was pretty much done..thanks to my packing cubes! All of our clean clothes (what there was of it) were sitting in the packing cubes which would take a minute to combine them all…. And our dirty laundry was already deposited into the large piece of luggage we brought. All it would take is throwing the rest into the smaller bag and we were off!

Unfortunately…what happened next was enough to send me into a tail spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment