Sunday, March 2, 2014

magic Kingdom part 2

The guys had a very successful swim and made some new friends. Miss B and I had a very good two hour long nap! The boys came back, I had a cup of coffee and we got ready to head back to Magic Kingdom. By the time we made it back to the park and got inside it was dark. We had a pass for Space Mtn that we decided to hold off using until after dinner. We still had a couple hours until dinner, and walking around the park at night is always a favorite of mine. We headed to Pooh and it only had a 15 minute wait, and with the wheelchair it was about 10. As we were walking away…we saw a mine car traveling on the mine train! We waited about 15 minutes but it never came back. We were on the side of Pooh…and you could just barely see the opening it went into …. So as it was getting close to time to find a spot for the 8 pm fireworks… we headed towards Be Our Guest… our ADR was at 8:35 and we knew we should check in a bit early. We decided this would be a great place to watch the fireworks and we would be close to where we needed to check in.

The walls were removed from around the mine train in this area. Surprise! The mine car was moving again…this time it had passengers! There was NO WAY you were getting me to move from this spot! The problem, I soon discovered, was that train is QUIET! It is really hard to get a picture with it moving, because it also moves a bit fast. So I stayed right there trying to get a picture of the mine car moving. Then the fireworks started. I never really realized how far behind the castle most of the fireworks truly were. I had a great view of the Beast’s Castle with fireworks! Probably the best place to watch them! Soon it was time to go in for dinner…and still no picture of the mine trains!

Dinner was as always perfect! We sat right next to the windows and got to see the snow falling behind them. All too soon it was over.


Back out front to attempt another picture…this time I had success! They were a bit blurry, but I did manage to get them. By this time we decided to go over and try for Space Mountain with our DAS pass. I found a spot to sit and the family went in. A few minutes later I got a text from Miss B. They would not let them use the DAS pass??!!!??? Seems the CM said it expired at 3:45…being a tad bit over protective of my kids I headed to the FP return line and confronted the CM. She decided to show me she was boss and argued with me about it. She said the DAS is only good for one hour from time that is written on it. Not true! She was actually yelling at me…telling me that I had a feeling of entitlement that I did not have and to get over it! I asked for a manager.

Even after the other CM standing there said I was right, the original CM refused to back down. She then said it didn’t really matter because they were already on the ride by now…um..YES it did matter! The second CM had to MAKE her get her manager. After waiting a while, and no manager, I sent a text to my family and said I was dealing with a problem and to go to the bench where they left me and I would return soon.

A good 15 minutes later, when no manager showed up…a different manager walked up. He was over the Tomorrowland area not just a ride. The second CM told him what was going on and he spoke briefly with the first CM (who then disappeared into the building) and then came over to talk with me. I never did see that first CM again…

After a good thirty minute discussion on the pros and cons of the DAS vs the GAC he called HIS manager to come over and join the conversation. We had another 20 minute or so conversation. My stand is that after 5 months you would think there was enough training on the use of the DAS for the CMs. Their excuse was she was new…I’m sorry I don’t buy that. New or not, if the training had been adequate, this would not have happened. Had I known that during the interaction with my family that she had accused them of trying to get over the system I would not have let the whole thing die as easily as I did!

After I met back up with my family, we decided it was time to head out. While Mr D did not have a melt down waiting on SM…it did have the exact effect I expected…he was no longer cooperative and refused to do anything else. He and Dad were going to ride Stitch again while they were waiting on me, but Mr D had gotten a bit wild and uncontrollable so they couldn’t ride.


At this point we managed to hop on the ferry with a zero wait.  Considering it is now past 10 and the park closes at 11, I felt this was a miracle!  



No comments:

Post a Comment